Job Purpose: Provide administrative support to the Family and Community Services Manager and meet program needs offered to referral sources, counties and private pay families.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Meet with staff regularly for case review and to ensure proper, effective and evidence-based/informed services are provided to clients
- Assign referrals appropriately
- Review written documentation (treatment documents, emails, etc) to ensure accuracy, professionalism and HIPAA compliance
- Review QAUR scores and ensure staff are maintaining agency expectations
- Ensure Payment Authorizations are current for all program participants
- Assist in the new hire and training process
- Assure staff are training compliant based on program need.
- Assist in new hire for programming (interviewing and new hire process)
- Seek supervision/guidance from Manager when needed
- Gather necessary data to compile and complete outcome reports for outcome measures: AAPI-2 and other outcomes
- Interface with referral sources in order to facilitate open communication and to ensure satisfaction with service provision
- Serve as second point of contact for staff when guidance/direction is needed during a crisis or a potentially critical situation
- Check timesheets on a weekly basis to ensure complete and accurate
- Maintain knowledge of Child Development and evidenced-based/informed parenting strategies.
- Understand and follow policies and procedures of the Family Services programs and of Stein Counseling
- Maintain awareness of behavioral, crisis-management techniques, and personal safety
- Develop personal and professional goals annually
- Maintain acceptable ratings (85% or better) in all performance areas on performance reviews (job performance, supervisor ratings, collateral ratings, etc)
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, consistent with this position description, as requested by the Clinic Administrator and/or President of Stein Counseling and Consulting Services, Ltd.
- Client contact – 7 to 10 hours per week – if possible
- Seek supervision from Management team when necessary.
- Sign off on non-therapy based case notes and service plans.
- Work closely with Family Services Manager to ensure exceptional customer service and problem solve cases as needed
Work Environment: General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking part of the time. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Punctual, reliable, dependable
- Must be familiar with the community and community support agencies
- Possess knowledge of child development, effective parenting techniques, evidenced based/informed Behavior Modification and Cognitive Behavioral strategies.
- Attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills are essential.
- Must exhibit a willingness to assist in the professional development of staff
- Must be flexible and adaptable to meet the needs of the families and program
- Employ effective interviewing procedures
- Objectively and professionally document/record information per state and agency expectations
- Consistently make sound decisions and problem solve effectively
- Communicate professionally with supervisors, peers, subordinates and persons outside organization
- Resolve conflicts and effectively employ negotiation skills with others
- Possess basic knowledge of computers (Word, email, internet, etc)
- Possess the ability to work independently, including organizing, planning, and prioritizing work
- Use conflict resolution techniques
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Advise staff in emergency situations
- Follow confidentiality procedures
- Understand and adhere to healthy boundaries with subordinates
Education and Experience: Experience working in a social services or educational setting. Experience working with children and families of diverse cultural and economic backgrounds. Ideal candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree in Child Development, Psychology, Social Work, Family Studies, or other related field. Previous supervisory experience a plus. Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work within the concept of a team. Requires valid Wisconsin driver’s license and reliable transportation with adequate auto liability insurance and a good driving record.
Supervised by: Family and Community Services Manager
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Travel may be required with this position.