JOB PURPOSE: The Office Assistant is responsible for providing exceptional customer service and administrative and clerical services for clients and providers in order to ensure effective and efficient business operations in a fast paced office setting.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Greets clients by phone, in person, or through electronic media; transfer as necessary.
- Schedule/update/modify client appointments as necessary, utilizing electronic calendaring systems through Google Meet.
- Create client file information into billing systems-TherapyAppointments (TA) and WorkflowMax (WFM).
- Collect copayments, coinsurance, deductibles, and payment plans as appropriate and document accordingly.
- Collect and process intake paperwork to ensure accuracy and completeness; computes or verifies data, fees or payments, enters data and forwards or files paperwork.
- Manage and maintain client intake spreadsheets.
- Manage and maintain record requests spreadsheet.
- Manage provider calendars to ensure holiday, PTO and meetings are marked appropriately
- Uses a personal computer and a variety of office software applications including word processing, email, and file management. Prepares documents in Google Documents from scratch or using predefined templates and form letters. Creates or maintains files in Google Sheets.
- Operates other office equipment such as printers, copy machines, and fax machines. May serve as liaison with service and vendor personnel.
- Process daily mail; opens or reviews correspondence and determines proper disposition.
- Make copies of checks received for daily reconciliation, assemble and distribute to the Business and Accounting Manager
- Responsible for preparing the daily cash deposits and check scan remote deposits.
- Assists in resolving problems and ensuring satisfactory customer service.
- Fax, scan, and copy documents.
- Monitor and maintain office supplies; notify Clinic Administrator of needed supplies; order toner as needed from Tri State Business Machines.
- Maintain office filing and storage systems.
- Ensure office equipment is properly maintained and serviced.
- Keep the office area, children’s area, and coffee counter clean, sanitized and tidy throughout the day, ensuring supplies (e.g. coffee, cups, etc) are maintained.
- Participate fully as a team member by developing professional relationships with team members as well as foster good rapport with external sources.
- Attend Office Assistant team meetings
- Attend monthly Provider Team meetings
- Attend quarterly All Staff meetings
- Understand and follow policies and procedures of the Office Assistant department and of Stein Counseling and Consulting Services, Ltd., as outlined in the department and agency policy manuals.
- Develop personal and professional goals annually.
- Maintain acceptable ratings (85% or better) in all areas on performance reviews (job performance, supervisor ratings, etc.)
- Perform other job duties and responsibilities, consistent with this position description, as requested by the Leadership Team and/or Clinic Administrator, and/or President of Stein Counseling and Consulting Services, Ltd.
- Coordinate and schedule online authorizations and referrals received for outpatient services.
- Review and monitor Treatment Plan due dates and prep for providers daily
- Review and monitor Cancellation and Wait lists for providers and scheduled appointments as appropriate.
- Review, update and print cancellation list and distribute to each provider weekly
- Follow opening and closing procedures and complete as appropriate
- Report any client complaints to Billing Team Leader and Clinic Administrator
- Collect and prep client appeals for Appeals Committee weekly
- Upload electronic paperwork in a timely manner to correct client accounts
General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking part of the time. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
- Employ exceptional customer service skills, effective telephone and interpersonal communication skills
- Possess competency, proficiency, and accuracy with data entry and managing various computer software programs
- Demonstrate effective organizational and planning skills
- Possess spirit of teamwork, positive attitude, drive to succeed
- Be willing to go the extra mile and help others on your team
- Must be flexible, reliable, and adaptable to meet the needs of the agency
- Consistently make sound decisions and problem solve effectively
- Communicate professionally with clients, supervisors, peers, and persons outside the organization
- Resolve conflicts and effectively employ negotiation skills with others
- Possess basic knowledge of computers and Google Chrome (Email, internet, etc) as well as typical office equipment (fax, copier, scanning, etc).
- Possess the ability to work independently, including organizing, planning, and prioritizing work
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Follow confidentiality procedures
- Follow HIPAA guidelines
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma required; preference given for candidates with a College education. Office Assistant experience required, preferably in a health or human services setting, dental office, medical office, or related health service oriented environment. Computer experience with Mac required.
SUPERVISED BY: This position will report to and receive supervision from the Clinic Administrator.HOURS: Daytime/Evening Position: M-TH 7:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m., F 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. with weekly shifts rotating open to close with other OA team members.